The company’s stance on privacy is at odds with the way the biggest search engines operate. Maybe there’s a better way.Source: Should Apple have its own search engine? | Macworld
- Apple should have bought Yahoo and it’s search technology a decade or more ago. Or Apple should have started from scratch. They wasted a lot of time.
- I’m not sure the article author realizes how dependent DDG is on Bing search feed.
- Yes they should own a search engine now.
- I’m not comfortable with them owning DDG, but they could invest in DDG or they could make DDG the default search engine.
- They could buy Yahoo’s search technology and the AltaVista domain from Verizon at fire sale prices and start a new AltaVista. (Preferred.)
- Because we need more major search engines (with their own crawlers) not further consolidation.