We are nearing the release date for WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg, one of the most important and exciting projects I’ve worked on in my 15 years with this community. I knew we would be taking a big l…
My measured response: we will see.
My rapid fire thoughts:
- So with Gutenberg we can have more autoplaying Youtube embeds, more snarky memes, fewer words and meaningful sentences in blogging so we can be just like Facebook and Twitter. Feh!
- You break my WP blog and I’ll find a new platform and host.
- I have until 2022 to find a new platform. Maybe.
- I just want to write. I don’t want more friction to banging out sentences.
- There is a reason I hyperlink to stuff rather than embed.
- /waves cane/ like grumpy old git.
Source: Chris Aldrich
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.