- A network dedicated to globally promoting “free” and particularly free software.
- Many services and innovative projects freely put at the disposal of the general public.
- A community of volunteers supported by a public interest association.
- An invitation to build together a world of sharing and cooperation.
Framasoft is a French based, public interest organization promoting free software and services on the internet. Note: one of their campaigns is to de-Google the internet, which is shorthand for providing free, opensource alternatives to web services provided by the internet silo’s.
The Framasoft’s goal is to offer, mainly online, a set of concrete and practical tools to facilitate adoption:
- of free software (directory, USB sticks, installer…);
- of free cultural creations (blog, translation, publishing house…);
- of free services (more than 30 free services in the project De-google-ify Internet).
Presented as a “gateway to the Free World”, the network Framasoft wants to position itself as a bridge between the librarian community and the general public.